Sunday, April 17, 2011

Plate of Ideas

When I feel like my ideas are going stale or I can't get my creativity flowing, I like to take a bubble bath. It feels so good to be by myself in a quiet room, and let the inspiration come to me.

For this week's assignment, we were to do something based on our own personal wellspring of creativity. I created a place to document my ideas when I'm sitting in my bubble bath.



I designed a plate that has two layers of chalkboard paint in the center. Previously, when ideas came to me when I was relaxing in the bath tub, I would either have to write on a piece of paper and try not to get it wet or I would have to remember each thought. Now, when I feel inspired by an idea, I can write it down on the chalkboard.

The plate is framed with colorful marbles that are flat on one side. I hot glue-gunned each piece to make it more visually appealing. I also thought the variety of pretty colors might inspire more ideas.

Want to make one?

You will need: Large plate with thick rim, chalkboard spray paint, colorful marbles, and a hot glue gun.

  1. Cover the rim of the plate with tape to avoid spraying with the chalkboard paint.
  2. Spray paint the center of the plate with chalkboard paint. Let the paint dry. Repeat this step 1-2 more times to create a thicker board.
  3. Plug in the hot glue gun.
  4. Lay out the marbles in whatever design you like the best.
  5. Hot glue each piece and place the marble on the rim of the plate.
  6. Continue glueing each marble until the entire rim of the plate is covered.
  7. Let dry and you're ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment