Sunday, March 27, 2011

Class Reflection (3-21)

I had such a nice time last class. The sun was warm and bright and I was so excited when Beth wrote on the white board to meet on the balcony.

After we spent some time chatting about our spring break, Beth told us to close our eyes. I didn't know what to expect but I trusted it would be an interesting experience so I obliged. Beth's voice was so soft and calm as she performed  somewhat of a meditative experience. She had us focus on the sounds around us. Normally, I feel I am so busy that I that I don't stop to be calm. It was really interesting to stop and focus on the small sounds around me. I thought it was interesting when one of my classmates said he didn't like the way he felt like he was loosing control because I loved the way it felt! I felt so relaxed and in the present. I would love to try some more meditative experiences again.

No comments:

Post a Comment