Friday, March 4, 2011

Stuffed Animal Inspiration

In class, Beth gave each of us a stuffed animal from a big trash bag. There were all types of stuffed toys from the wild, television shows, and movies. I did not recognize the stuffed animal that was tossed to me. Other students in class told me it was an angry character from a cartoon television show. 
The goal was to create contradiction and also harmony between the stuffed toy and whatever we would create. I did not know where to begin so I took a picture of the toy and put it into photoshop. I played around with the image, duplicating it, turning it, adding filters to it. Eventually an image resembling a kaleidoscope appeared. I liked the way it was looking so I continued to manipulate it. I created a cutout frame around it to make the image look more complete. 
The contradiction is that I took a stuffed toy that represents an angry mean cartoon character and turned the image of it into a pretty piece of art that is interesting to look at. The harmony is that I used the actual colors of the toy to create a new product. 
The bliss assignment was helpful in this because when I sat down to create something I was very open to whatever may come. The end result is below!

No comments:

Post a Comment